Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring... Oh how I love you... NOT!

So I really don't enjoy spring. Don't get me wrong, the temperature outside is great during the spring. I LOVE the nice days. But I can not stand the stormy days. Between Thunderstorms and Tornadoes, I hate spring. But this year I have an added reason... Headaches. This week there have been two rainy days and both days have been horrible.

On Tuesday, we had our first thunderstorm of the season. Between my anxiety that I get during storms and the migraine I woke up with it was not a good day. I was supposed to go to work and ended up having to text my boss letting her know I wouldn't be there because of my migraine. I tried all of my plan for when I get headaches and nothing was working. I had tried my Cefaly twice and ended up taking zofran and ibuprofen. Luckily the zofran worked and my nausea went away, but the ibprofen didn't and I still had a headache. So, since none of my plan was working, I ended up having a panic attack because I was really scared I was going to end up in the hospital again. It was honestly the worst migraine I've had since I was hospitalized in December. Luckily I was able to go to bed and the next morning my headache was gone.

So the rest of the week was good until today, Saturday. I was doing good all day which is great considering it was raining pretty much all day. But this evening about 20 minutes ago, I started to get a migraine. I quickly finished getting my slice of angel food cake and strawberries put together (priorities right? haha ;)) and then ran up stairs to get my Cefaly. I then put it on and started the 20 minute session and ate my cake. I also started typing this blog post (Of course, my session just ended as I typed that sentence). My headache seems to be gone now thank goodness but I won't know for about 5 more minutes since my forehead to about the middle of my nose is numb.

Rocking my Cefaly and enjoying my cake. :)


Let's hope this isn't what my whole spring is going to be like. There's not really anything my neurologist can do to help me since it's the weather that triggers my headache. So hopefully this is just an odd week for me but I'm highly doubting it (I'm not trying to be pessimistic just stating the truth). Anyways, I should go do my Physical Therapy stretches and then go to bed because I'm tired. :)

Oh, and it's been about 10 minutes, my head is no longer numb and I don't have a headache! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment