So, until my muscles are a bit looser, I'm not going to be working on strength. I have to do these stretches twice a day and let me tell you, they do not feel good. I've been close to tears a couple of times and I haven't been able to do the full amount/time for any of these.
Also, you might be curious on why it matters that my hamstrings are tight. Well, I have really crappy posture. I can't sit up straight for more than 5 seconds before it starts to hurt. This is because of my hamstrings. So, until those start to loosen up, I can't sit up straight for very long.
One thing we are trying to work on is my posture. To help me sit up straight longer, anytime I get a text and look at it (so If you have my number, feel free to send me random texts haha), I have to check my posture and sit up straight for a couple of seconds. My favorite way to help me sit up straight is when I'm watching my favorite show "Fixer Upper" on HGTV. Anytime JoJo says Shiplap, I have to check my posture. Sometimes I hate it though because there will be times she says it like 3 times in a row and so I have to sit up longer, but in the end it will be worth it.
Today, I realized how much I didn't want to do my stretches and so I came up with a reward chart. I went and found a fun one on Pinterest and printed out 3 copies. Then, I wrote my stretches in the columns. Once I've filled a couple of the sheets, I'm going to reward myself. I'm really hoping this will keep me motivated to do them.
My chart
I'm really excited to make some progress and hopefully be able to do my stretches without pain. :)
Oh, the craziest thing happened while I was at Target with my family today. As my family was getting ready to leave, we hear somebody yell,"STOP! SECURITY!" Then, just as we turn to look, we hear this loud thud as this guy is basically thrown into the glass in the exit of the store. So, we quickly walk away from that area, but we're still close enough to see what's going on as security is trying to restrain this guy. It took them like 5 minutes or so to finally handcuff him. He tried shoplifting a couple of things and security caught him. I was terrified at first, but now looking back, it was totally cool and slightly entertaining. I hope to never be in one of those situations again though. I will honestly never look at a security guard the same again. Just because they look like they couldn't tackle someone definetly does not mean they can't.

No comments:
Post a Comment